The "semantic web" is being developed with the aim to define and link Web resources so that programs (agents) can interpret not only for presentation purposes but for automation, integration and reuse. This makes it possible to offer on the new network infrastructure and more efficient services. This requires accurately describe the resources and the relationships between them, ie formally represent the knowledge inherent in the domain that are a part. Work on knowledge representation, classic artificial intelligence, have derived the "ontology engineering", which deals with methodologies for the development of 'ontology' formal representations of concepts and relationships in a domain.
GSI's previous experience of knowledge systems and expert systems has been the basis for the development of ontologies in the domain of music and applications for semantic search of musical content (project SEMUSICI) and tools for cataloging, production dissemination and exploitation of music content (project MUSITECA).
These semantic technologies are beginning to be successfully implemented in the networks with fixed infrastructure, resulting in not only new services but to social and cooperative networks. In the GSI we are interested in applying such approaches to sociotechnical spontaneous networks personal communication devices. The project IMPROVISA ontologies have been developed for ad-hoc networks in emergency scenarios, and the project T2C2 are spreading to public collaboration scenarios.
- Adam Westerski, Theodore Dalamagas & Carlos A. Iglesias. (2013). Classifying and comparing community innovation in Idea Management Systems. Decision Support Systems, 54(3), 1316–1326. [More] [Online version] [Bibtex] [RIS] [MODS]
- Adam Westerski. (2013). Semantic Technologies in Idea Management Systems: A Model for Interoperability, Linking and Filtering. Phd Thesis, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. [More] [Full text] [Bibtex] [RIS] [MODS]
- José Ignacio Fernández-Villamor, Carlos A. Iglesias & Mercedes Garijo. (2012). First-Order Logic Rule Induction for Information Extraction in Web Resources. International Journal of Artificial Intelligence Tools, 21(6), 1250032-1-,1250032-2. [More] [Online version] [Bibtex] [RIS] [MODS]
- José Ignacio Fernández-Villamor, Carlos A. Iglesias & Mercedes Garijo. (2012). A Metadirectory of Web Components for Mashup Composition. Journal of Universal Computer Science, 18(17), 2407-243. [More] [Online version] [Bibtex] [RIS] [MODS]
- George Anadiotis, Konstantinos Kafentzis, John Pavlopoulos & Adam Westerski (2012). Building Consensus via a Semantic Web Collaborative Space. In WWW 2012 Companion Proceedings. Semantic Web Collaborative Spaces Workshop (SWCS2012). Lyon, France. [More] [Full text] [Bibtex] [RIS] [MODS]